Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Gosh, it's been years. Lots of things have changed, and not for the better.

I've created a fundraising campaign on Fundraizr. I wrote the short version of why I've gone begging in the campaign message, but I need to say more.

My health has been on a steady decline for several years now and next week I go in for another MRI; I'm suspecting late onset MS, which is the disease that killed my sister. I'm doing my best to remain positive, and will be going to various therapies and treatments, no matter what the diagnosis. What I haven't shared publicly is that I've nearly lost all ability to walk and my speech problem is more tiring than ever.

Ron and I have never been outrageously successful, but we try. We're both pushing 70 and working is harder for him and impossible for me. We are facing upcoming expenses with very limited funds, including a car that might transport a wheelchair, if I can afford one.

The only thing I can think of to supplement our income is a book I self-published online several years ago. I'm hoping to work with a professional company (Bookbaby) to get an overhaul and promotion. It'll cost a few thousand dollars, but the reason my campaign is asking for more is the need for the aforementioned items. Items! Lol. Sounds trivial. Huge items.

Now, you have to know how much I HATE going begging; I wasn't raised that way. So I'd like to promise (to Carol, especially, for helping me in the past) that should my book become a moneymaker, I will do everything in my power to repay my donors, or at least send them copies of my book.

So, that's the story. Feel free to ask me anything. I'm an open book.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mom. I'll share and re-share as much I can. I know you know we're also living barely hand-to-mouth over here in the lovely PacNW, but who knows what viral sensation we might be able to drum up in this zero hour?

    LOVE LOVE LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I know. My paranoia say everyone on facebook is looking up and down and whistling. Lol. Just hope everyone shares and one of them is friends with Warren Buffett. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete